Last Date: 18/01/2021
DWSC Asam Financial Assistance 2021: Director, Welfare of Scheduled Castes, Assam has released a notification for awarding Financial Assistance @ 25000/- to Scheduled Castes graduate unemployed youths only for taking up viable income generating activities such as agriculture and allied activities/ industry/ service/ business sectors/areas of horticulture/poultry/fishing activities, etc. during the financial year 2020-21
Eligibility Criteria for the DWSC Assam Financial Assistance
- The Applicant must belong to Scheduled Castes Community of Assam.
- The Applicant must be an unemployed person belonging to age group between 25 years to 45 years.
- The Annual household income of the applicant should be less than Rs.2.00 lakhs (Rupees Two Lakhs) per annum.
- There will be provision of preference for selection of applicants at the rate of 15% of total selected applicants for the unemployed youths who had been working in other states and lost their jobs due to Covid-19 situation.
- Preference will be given to the applicants of BPL families from remote and SC predominant backward areas where poverty is the main characteristic for such under development. (Photocopy to be enclosed)
- Person engaged in Semi Govt. / PSU and students will not be eligible under this scheme to get the benefit.
- The applicant should not have received any grants in the last 3(three) years against any scheme funded by Govt. An undertaking in this respect should be accompanied along with the application.
- Out of total beneficiaries minimum 30% will be reserved for women applicants.
- Out of total beneficiaries minimum 4% will be reserved for differently able persons.
All the applications received by the Director, Welfare of Scheduled Castes, Assam / the Sub-Divisional Welfare Officers will be scrutinized by the Directorate level scrutiny Committee and will be placed before the State Level Selection Committee for final selection/approval
How to Apply for the DWSC Assam Financial Assistance
The interested and eligible applicants may apply in the prescribed format given below along with the relevant documents.
Documents to be enclosed
- Copy of the Scheduled Caste certificate.
- Affidavit signed by the Notary regarding applicant’s unemployment status.
- Household Income Certificate issued by concerned authority.
- BPL Card
- Graduation Pass Certificate.
- HSLC Admit Card ( for proof of age)
- Passport size Photograph of the Applicant
- Photocopy of Bank Pass Book
- Proof of Identity – (Voter ID/ AADHAAR, etc. (any one document to be submitted)
- Brief proposal / Schemes for which the amount is proposed to be utilized (limiting to Rs.50,000/-).
N.B:- All documents are to be submitted must be self-signed.
The application may be submitted in their respective Sub-Divisional Welfare Offices or to the DIRECTOR, WELFARE OF SCHEDULED CASTES, ASSAM, BLOCK-II, HOUSEFED COMPLEX, BASHISTHA ROAD, GUWAHATI-781006
Last Date: 18th January 2021
Download Official Notification & Application Format: Click here